Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation and From Wedding to the Pitter Patter of Little Cupcakes



I'm sorry that it's been a while since the last post, but I finally took a much-needed vacation. I drove through Ireland in two weeks and I've come back with a sense of calm and ideas for future baking experiments (can you say chocolate stout cake? Mmmmm.)


One of my friends and co-workers has asked me to make cupcakes for her upcoming wedding, which also happens to be on my birthday. The colors of the wedding are pink and blue, just like for a baby shower, and although she denies any association between the two, the fact that she's also pregnant is making me think otherwise. She has decided on lemon-blueberry and chocolate-strawberry cupcakes with maybe a small cake of undecided flavor on top. I did a trial run this weekend and I'm glad I did. The cupcakes came out great, but the lemon-raspberry need a bit more of a lemon kick. I'm almost out of the organic lemon oil my dad found somewhere for me. A little bit goes a long way and it is a wonderful way to add a bit of lemon flavor without needing to modify the basic recipe too much. I must find some right away.



No comments: